The facilities in the Silkkitehdas city block is a unique in all of the central area as the visual look alone sets the buildings apart from most other sites: the red brick buildings of the original silk factory are steeped in history. The interior has high ceilings, plenty of open space and industrial-style walls framing large windows.
Silkkitehdas city block will offer bright and effective facilities in the heart of Tikkurila in Vantaa. The location will promote the use of public transportation, but there will also be good parking services for private vehicles.
We have been developing the Silkkitehdas city block, located by the river Keravanjoki, respecting the original characteristics. The modern city block environment centres around communality and laid-back togetherness, supported by contemporary functionality and services.
The block will host a variety of services and facilities: the office sizes will vary from 1,000 to 20,000 square feet. Local multi-purpose spaces and meeting facilities as well as cafeteria and restaurant services will cater to businesses and communities within the area. Parking spaces can be rented from a separate parking garage. Ask our asset manager for more information on our facility and service solutions in the Silkkitehdas city block.
The block will also host a residential building on the park-like banks of the Keravanjoki river. Planning and execution is carried out by Skanska Kodit.
At Renor, we want to, and know how to, utilize the opportunities within renewable energy sources. We have done this in Tikkurila, where geothermal energy from the ground will offset all cooling and heating needs within the block, excluding the residential building. The Geological Survey of Finland (GTK) has worked with us on utilizing renewable energy from the start. GTK will carry out follow-up measurements on-site. Our goal is to achieve highly effective energy production systems, and ensure ecologically sound applications in the process.
Tikkurilan Silkki Oy, founded in 1933, was originally named Suomen Silkkiteollisuus Oy. It represented a new branch of textile industry in Finland, based on the use of viscose. The industrial properties were built in phases between 1934 and 1965. In the 1930s, the architect was Herman Kues, while the newer parts were designed by the architect Matti Finell. Industrial operations ended in 1988, when the production of Tikkurila’s Finn Marin flags was transferred elsewhere after the merger with Finlayson. The Silkkitehdas city block came under Renor Oy’s ownership after Finlayson merged with the Asko group in the 1980s.
The Silkkitehdas city block is located in the centre of Tikkurila by the Keravanjoki river in Vantaa.
It is located only a 5-minute walk from the Tikkurila train station. The station features high-density train connections to the airport, Helsinki and St. Petersburg.
The Silkkitehdas block is only a few minutes’ drive from the Kehä III ring road.
Parking spaces for the customers are in a separate parking garage and an outdoor parking field.
SILKKITEHDAS CITY BLOCK – RENOR OY
Silkkitehtaantie 5 (Tikkurilantie 44)