The Finlayson area is a vivid, well-known area in the very heart of Forssa, serving Forssa and its surroundings extensively. The Vanha Kutomo building in the area provides services to our well-being, care service and business premise customers, while the industrial and production buildings and logistics centre in the area offer diverse solutions for production and logistics businesses. We offer bold and unique solutions in the original, high, light industrial premises.
There are premises in already renewed facilities available in Forssa, but solutions can also be built in fully-customisable raw space. Ask our asset manager for additional information about our space and service solutions in the Finlayson area.
Forssa has a logistically excellent location and connections at the intersection of trunk roads 10 and 2. Transport and moving things around is easy, thanks to the functional yard and loading areas. Because of this, Renor has built a new high warehouse for its customers’ use, among other things. In addition, Renor offers safe and flexible Forssan Garage storage services in the area for storing boats or motor vehicles, for example.
The Vanha Kutomo building at Kutomonkuja 2 has been warded the internationally acclaimed BREEAM In-Use environmental certificate. The environmental certification is a third-party verification of the building and its operations having extensively taken environmental aspects into account. The Vanha Kutomo building is BREEAM In-Use GOOD-certified with regard to both the building and maintenance. The result is excellent, considering that the building has more than 160 years of history.
Vanha Kutomo building
The Finlayson area is a significant object of protection listed by the National Board of Antiquities. The history of the area dates back to 1849, when Forssan Puuvilla Kehruu Yhtiö was founded, followed by the Wiksberg cotton weaving mill a few years later. Vanha Kutomo, which is of cultural and historical value, was founded in 1878 by the English architect Edward Potts. Later, the area has been significant from the point of view of development of the city of Forssa. The Finlayson area moved to Renor’s possession via the Asko group, which acquired Finlayson in the 1980s.
The Finlayson area is located in the immediate vicinity of the Forssa centre. The area has a total of 300 parking spaces.
THE FINLAYSON AREA – RENOR OY (office)
Puuvillakatu 4 A 1